HOUSING OPPORTUNITY PLANNING (HOP) GRANTS
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS FOR HOP GRANT FUNDING ARE SUSPENDED
The response to the InvestNH Municipal Planning and Zoning Grants Program has been very strong. Consequently, the current allocation of program funding is fully obligated for the Housing Opportunity Planning (HOP) Grants. We are suspending receipt and review of new grant applications. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Housing Opportunity Planning (HOP) Grants are for municipalities to hire consultants to work on one or more of the three phases of regulatory change outlined below. Applicants are encouraged to reach out to the steering committee at info@NHHOPgrants.org to discuss their idea prior to submitting an application.
Needs Analysis and Planning Grants
- $25,000 grant maximum for this phase.
- The deadline has passed for Needs Analysis and Planning Grants.
Regulatory Audit Grants
- $50,000 grant maximum for this phase.
- Applications will be accepted and awarded on a rolling basis until June 30, 2023 or when funds are exhausted, whichever occurs first.
Regulatory Development Grants
- $100,000 grant maximum for this phase.
- Applications will be accepted and awarded on a rolling basis until November 15, 2023 or when funds are exhausted, whichever occurs first.
- Housing Opportunity Planning (HOP) Grant Application Information (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Municipalities may hire consultants using a competitive process or they may choose a consultant from a list of pre-approved qualified consultants, which will include their regional planning commission.
- List of Qualified NH HOP Consultants
- If you are a consultant who does this work, please respond to the Request for Qualifications for HOP Consultant List (PDF). The initial list was published August 12, 2022.