Community Engagement Resources
The below resources are available to communities wishing to broaden their community engagement strategies and adopt creative community engagement techniques.
How Do We Talk About Housing?
How Do We Talk About Housing? A Guide to Community Engagement and Grassroots Advocacy is a nine-step guide intended to facilitate local movements toward more housing-friendly land use regulations. The guide leans on a foundation of engaging conversations, housing stories, relationship-building, and inclusivity.
- Strong Towns: Getting a Response from Local Leaders
- 9 Ways to Change an Elected Official’s Mind
- NIMBYs Dominate Local Zoning Meetings
- Frameworks Institute’s Piecing It Together: A Communications Playbook for Affordable Housing Advocates
- Framework’s Institute’s You Don’t Have to Live Here: Why Housing Messages are Backfiring and 10 Things We Can Do About It
The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why it Matters by Priya Parker
Community: The Structure of Belonging by Peter Block
Dream Play Build: Hands on Community Engagement for Enduring Spaces and Places by James Rojas and John Kamp